Friday, June 20, 2008

Just me and Dev

Ah, nothing like a lovely 110+ degree Saturday afternoon to get some work done in the garage. In fixing up my trusty M3 for the resumption of daily driving, I had to install new oxygen sensors, do a front brake job, perform an oil change, and install a new performance exhaust system. Well, I suppose I didn't have to do that last bit. :)

It took quite a while and it was miserably hot, but I sure had fun hanging out in the garage with my fellow grease monkey, my son Devlin. He is getting to be old enough to actually help, which is really fun for both of us. He fetched me tools, learned how to use the impact wrench and air compressor, put the new oil filter on, held the funnel while I poured oil, and he even used his enormous muscles to raise the car a little bit with the floor jack ... before giving up and having me do the rest.

So here's a shout out to my favorite little (grease) monkey - love you Dev!

7 comments:

Mark Dixon said...

Now that did my old heart good! It is wonderful to see Dev and Dad with grease on their faces after working together!

granny said...

So cute. What a fun thing to do together. Maybe he can drive it to high school?

big.bald.dave said...

If I had a car that did 0-60 in 5 seconds in high school, I'd be dead. Not a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like such guy fun, I totally cannot relate :) You must be tickled now that Hilary is out! If only my favorite candidate was in, but alas I shall have to settle.

big.bald.dave said...

Well, Valerie, if McCain were smart he'd pick your guy as his running mate. But then of course, they seem to hate each other...

Paul Dalton said...

Great picture David! That is a classic.

rachbechep said...

devlin is perhaps one of the cutest kids alive.